top of page


My film presents the struggle of people who are potentially homeless but afraid to confront the truth of their desperate situations. I was always interested in the beginnings. Therefore I wanted to show the story of a man, who is on his way down. One of my goals was to get attention to the nationwide epidemic of homelessness and their causes. 


The main problem for 70% of L.A. County's 58,000 homeless in 2017 is abject poverty caused by job loss and lack of affordable housing.  The other 30% are on the street because of mental illness and substance abuse and a failure of support services to address these diseases. 

"According to a U.S. Conference of Mayors survey,

major cities across the country report that top causes

of homelessness among families also include low

wages. The same report found that the top five causes

of homelessness among unaccompanied individuals 

 were (1) lack of affordable housing, (2) unemployment, (3) poverty, (4) mental illness and the lack of needed services and (5) substance abuse and the lack of needed services."

Homelessness in California 

Background Information for Joint Task Force Efforts California State Association of Counties® & League of California Cities®

                      Top Causes of Homelessness in America by Home Aid America


"...As many as 3.5 million Americans are homeless each year. Of these, more than 1 million are children and on any given night, more than 300,000 children are homeless.  

While the general impression is that the homeless are primarily the chronic and episodic, those unfortunate individuals often seen living on the streets in the downtown areas of our cities, the fact is that more than half the homeless are families with children.  The vast majority of these have been thrust into homelessness by a life altering event or series of events that were unexpected and unplanned for. Contrary to the belief that homelessness is primarily the result of major traumatic events or physical and mental disabilities, there are many top causes of homelessness in America. 

Homelessness is, in fact, caused by tragic life occurrences like the loss of loved ones, job loss, domestic violence, divorce and family disputes. Other impairments such as depression, untreated mental illness, post traumatic stress disorder, and physical disabilities are also responsible for a large portion of the homeless.  Many factors push people into living on the street. Acknowledging these can help facilitate the end of homelessness in America..."

LOPP stilll frame 1.jpg

Deleted scenes from the movie "Loop"

Lopp frame 3.jpg

Deleted scenes from the movie "Loop"


The Senate Committee on Transportation and Housing: Fact Sheet: Homelessness in California


The Shower of Hope

I encourage you to support and donate to "The Shower of Hope" which offers mobile showers for homeless people in LA County and other counties. Although the "The Shower of Hope" is for the homeless, it offers now mobile trailers with a hot shower for about 250 victims of the Woolsey fire at the Taft High emergency shelter.

Feel free to donate via the Facebook page. Thank you.

"The Shower of Hope":

shower 2.jpg
shower 1.jpg
shower 5.jpg
shower 4.jpg
shower 3.jpg
bottom of page